The Ministry of Italian Foreign Affairs, Department of Cultural Promotion and Cooperation and the Italian Academy for Advanced Studies at the Columbia University, New York, founded the New York Prize, which provides scholarships to young and promising Italian artists. It has now reached its seventh edition.
The prize-winners will be offered the opportunity to spend four/eight months in New York, at the Italian Academy, to coincide with the semesters of the Columbia University (September/December and January/April) in order to develop their skills while being exposed to the cultural and artistic ambience of New York. The chosen artists will also be expected to take part in the cultural events and the activities of the Italian Academy and at the end of their stay to prepare a solo exhibition.
The scholarships include the following benefits:
1. a monthly cheque for costs associated with the stay;
2. accommodation and studio;
3. return air fare to the United States;
4. insurance cover for health-related expenses, accidents;
5. organization of a visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Essential pre-requisites for participation. It is necessary
1. to be an artist working in the visual arts sector;
2. to be Italian and not over the age of 40;
3. to have held at least one personal exhibition;
4. to have an adequate knowledge of the English language.
Presentation of the application and selection procedure
For further information regarding how to present the application and the selection procedure, it is necessary to consult the complete documentation regarding the scholarship on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website at the following address
or alternatively to write to Ufficio II, Department of Cultural Promotion and Cooperation, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at: firstname.lastname@example.org